Sunday, June 5, 2016

My Florence Neighborhood

Come on a tour with me to see my neighborhood. I took this photo standing in front of my apartment. Note the corner just up the street.

Now we will walk up to that corner because this quiet area leads to one of the most popular spots in Florence.

If you turn left at that corner, you reach the Pitti Palace and Boboli Gardens crowded with throngs of people who congregate on the piazza.

Pitti Palace

There are markets on sunny days, many sidewalk cafes and restaurants, along with at least five gelato shops.
 We could continue walking and in about five mintues be at the Ponte Vecchio bridge leading to many famous museums.
The Ponte Vecchio is just beyond all these people. See the dome of the Duomo? On the other side of the river, the Duomo is visible everywhere you go.
Sunday brunch in the Pasera piazza.
If we were to walk down my street in the other direction, we'd come to a lovely little piazza named Pasera. If we took a shortcut, we could also reach, in a minute or two, the lovely Santo Spirito piazza where I plan to shop at the market every day.

Night view from my second story window.
But in the meantime, I'll enjoy the beauty and silence of my own little street.


No comments:

Post a Comment