Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Tightwad Travel Tip – Iced Drinks in Europe

Tightwad Travel Tip – Iced Drinks in Europe

My morning beverage of choice is iced tea, but ice is difficult to come by in Europe. So, since iced tea isn't iced tea without the ice, I make my own. I buy plastic ice cube trays at Wal-Mart (three for a dollar last August, 2oo9) which take little space in my suitcase since the trays nest together. This way I enjoy cold drinks during my vacation, but, because the trays are so inexpensive, I don't worry about packing them for the return trip home. I like to leave them behind for the next iced tea drinker who might happen by.

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea, Dru! I too am an iced tea drinker. Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jay. After searching for bags of ice in too many foreign cities, I found it's a whole lot easier to make your own!

    Dru

    ReplyDelete