Saturday, May 7, 2022

Vehicle Blessing or Cheap Road Repair? The Choice Is Yours!

 While I love my Lincoln Zephyr, a model only made for one glorious year in 2006, I have never had it blessed as is the routine for new taxis in Mexico. That was undoubtedly my mistake. Maybe the "check engine" light would not have been flashing furiously last week if only I could have counted on a little divine intervention.

                  Blessing of the Taxi in Queretero, Mexico.


When a friend asked me later how much that tow-the-car disaster cost me, she didn't believe me when I said nothing. The tow was covered by emergency road service that I always add to my regular car insurance payment. 

Now, I grant you that I did pay $3.98 for that addition to my policy, but considering that AAA charges $58 for roughly the same coverage, I consider that sum a bargain.

Here's what my State Farm policy covers (Other companies provide similar benefits):

"If you have emergency road service coverage, and your vehicle breaks down or becomes disabled, we'll pay for reasonable, emergency services.

     "Mechanical labor at the breakdown site (up to one hour).

  • "Towing to the nearest repair location if the covered vehicle is not drivable.
  • "Towing if the covered car is stuck on or immediately next to a public road.
  • "Delivery of gas, oil, battery, or change of tire (but not the cost of these or similar items) necessary to return a covered vehicle back to driving condition.
  • "Locksmith labor to unlock a covered car if its key is lost, stolen, or locked inside the car (up to one hour)."
  •  
    So, until I can get a priest's blessing, Zephyr and I are now back on the road, spending money the way I prefer — on travel, not road repair!

 

2 comments:

  1. ทางเข้า PG SLOT ให้บริการตลอด 24 ชั่วโมง เว็บไซต์สล็อตออนไลน์ที่ได้รับการการันตี​จากนักพนันว่าเป็นเว็บที่ดีที่สุด เล่นได้ทุกระบบ เว็บของเรานั้นไม่ได้มีให้คุณเล่นทดลองเล่น พีจีสล็อต

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pg Slot สล็อต เว็บตรง เว็บสล็อตออนไลน์ แตกง่ายจ่ายจริง แจกหนัก แตกหนัง กับ เว็บ pg-slot.game ของเรา ที่กำลังมาแรง แซงเว็บเกมอันดับต้น ๆ ไปหมดแล้ว สมัครสมาชิกได้แล้ววันนี้

    ReplyDelete